Every year, millions of car crashes occur within the United States. There is no avoiding the fact that accidents do happen, but in the majority of cases they are preventable.
We all want to stay safe while driving on the roads whether it is to work, school, or even vacation. We want our vehicles to be well designed to keep us safe while navigating through traffic, or when the weather is not the greatest. Why not choose the the most comprehensive safety features available when choosing a new vehicle? Put your mind at ease when shopping at Rochester Toyota in the Rochester, MN area. Here at Rochester Toyota, we are devoted to safety and dependabilty, and we want the cars we sell to reflect that. Our new Toyota vehicles are all equipped standard with the best safety features available. All new Toyotas now feature the Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) package standard. According to www.toytota.com, the Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) is designed to help protect drivers, passengers, people in other vehicles on the road and pedestrians from harm. (TSS-P2 and AHB7) TSS is comprised of advanced active safety packages anchored by automated pre-collision warning and braking. TSS represents the latest milestone in Toyota's long history of creating advancements and innovations in safety that have helped prevent crashes and protect people." These Toyota safety systems are developed to assist driver awareness, driver decision making, and operation of vehicles.
When buying a Toyota vehicle, the following two packages are provided:
- Toyota Safety Sense™P- used for compact vehicles
- Toyota Safety Sense™C- used for mid-sized sedans and large vehicles
Toyota Safety Sense™C (TSS-C) Package (Three Propietary Active Safety Technologies):
- Pre-Collision System (PCS): this system uses an in vehicle camera and laser that detects the vehicle in front of you. When the system senses you are coming up close upon a slower moving vehicle, the system will beep at you to put on the brakes. If the system determines a collision is imminent but the driver doesn't react, it will apply emergency braking to help reduce the impact and potentially avoid an accident entirely.
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA): Helps detect visible white and yellow lane markers to make sure the vehicle is position correctly while operationg on the road.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB): Allows drivers to see more of the road while driving at night-time without distracting other drivers with bright lights.
Toyota Safety Sense™P (TSS-P) Package:
When combined with the Toyota Safety Sense™C, the Toyota Sense™P can provide more safety and reliablity in your Toyota vehicle, keep your mind at ease for you, and your family.
- Pre-Collision System with Predestrian Detection Function (PCS w/PD): determines the possiblity that a frontal or predestrian collision could occur, prompting the driver to take action, and additionally may apply the brakes on the vehicle, reducing impact damage or potentially preventing an accident.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist Function (LDA w/SA): when a vehicle is on the road unintentionally departs from its lane, this system will alert the driver, and can also provide the corrective steering inputs to put the driver back in the correct lane.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC): while driving on the road with crusie control on, the car will use an in vehicle camera and a front grill millimeter wave radar to determine the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. If your vehicle closes upon the vehicle in front of you, it will adjust the cruise control accordingly to maintain a safe distance, without having to cancel cruise control.
Always proceed with caution and be a responsible driver while operating your vehicle on the road while using the Toyota Safety Sense Techonologies above. These systems are designed to aid an alert and safe driver to help avoid preventable accidents. The safety of you and your family should always be your #1 focus and priority while on the road.
For more information on Toyota's Safety Sense, go to http://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/TSS_CFA_Final.pdf.