Every year, millions of car crashes occurr within the United States. We understand accidents do happen, but in majority of cases, they are preventable.
We all want to stay safe while driving on the roads whether it is to work, school, or even vacation. We want our vehicles to keep us safe when the weather is not the greatest, so why not choose the best safety features when choosing the best vehicles for us and our families? Well, put your mind at ease when shopping at Rochester Toyota in the Rochester area. Here at Rochester Toyota, we are devoted to safety and dependabilty, and we want our cars to feel the same way. Our vehicles are equibbed with the best safety features featuring the Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS). According to www.toytota.com, the Toyota Safety Sense™ (TSS) "is designed to help protect drivers, passengers, people in other vehicles on the road and pedestrians (TSS-P2 and AHB7) from harm. TSS is comprised of advanced active safety packages anchored by automated pre-collision warning and braking. TSS represents the latest milestone in our long history of creating advancements and innovations in safety that have helped prevent crashes and protect people." With our Toyota vehicles, our safey systems are developed for driver awareness, driver decision making and operation of vehicles.
When buying a Toyota vehicle, consider these two packages:
- Toyota Safety Sense™P- used for compact vehicles
- Toyota Safety Sense™C- used for mid-sized sedans and large vehicles
Toyota Safety Sense™C (TSS-C) Package (Three Propietary Active Safety Technologies):
- Pre-Collision System (PCS): this system uses an in vehicle camera and laser that helps you detect the vehicle in front of you. When the car senses you are coming up close upon a vehicle, the system will beep at you to put on the brakes.
- Lane Departure Alert (LDA): Helps detect visible white and yellow lane markers to make sure the vehicle is position correctly while operationg on the road.
- Automatic High Beams (AHB): Allows drivers to see more of the road while driving at nighttime without distracting other drivers with bright lights
Toyota Safety Sense™P (TSS-P) Package:
When combined with the Toyota Safety Sense™C, the Toyota Sense™P can provide more safety and reliablity in your Toyota vehicle, keep your mind at ease for you, and your family.
- Pre-Collision System with Predestrian Detection Function (PCS w/PD): determines the possiblity that a frontal or predestrian collision could occur, prompting the driver to take action of the situation and put the brakes on the vehicle, hence preventing an accident.
- Lane Departure Alert with Steering Assist Function (LDA w/SA): when a vehicle is on the road and decides unintentionally to depart from its lane, this system will provide the corrective steering inputs to put the driver back in the correct lane.
- Dynamic Radar Cruise Control (DRCC): while driving on the road with crusie control on, the car will use an in vehicle camera and a front girl millimeter wave radar to determine the distance between your vehicle and the vehicle in front of you. If your vehicle happens to feel you are too close to the vehicle in front of you, it will adjust the cruise control accordingly within a set range without having to cancel cruise control.
Yet always proceed with caution and be a responsible driver while operating your vehicle on the road while using the Toyota Safety Sense Techonologies above. The safety and value of you and your family should always be your #1 priority while on the road.
For more information on Toyota's Safety Sense, go to http://www.toyota.com/content/ebrochure/TSS_CFA_Final.pdf.